Alice Chapter 2 Lab 2
Exercises from Chapter 2
For each of the following exercises, create a storyboard on a separate sheet of paper and then
translate the storyboard to a program. Include at least one comment in your program.
- Complete Exercise 4 (Circling Fish).
- Complete Exercise 5 (Tortoise Gets a Cookie).
Extra For Experts
- Complete Exercise 6. Magnet Fun: ___________
Concept Questions (Short Answers)
- (a) Describe what is meant by the term method. (Page # _____ )
(b) What does a method define? (Page # _____ )
- (a) Which control statement is used in Alice to create a block of instructions that will occur in
sequence when the program is run? (Page # _____ )
(b) Which control statement is used in Alice to create a block of instructions that will occur
simultaneously when the program is run? (Page # _____ )
- What is meant by the phrase "one block of code can be nested in another"? (Page # _____ )
- How do you know whether a computer program has a bug? (Page # _____ )
- What is the purpose of a set instruction? (Page # _____ )
- If comments are ignored by Alice then why do we add comments to our programs? (Page # _____ )
- What built-in method is used to:
(a) change the orientation of an object? (Page # _____ )
(b) display a comic-book style text bubble on the screen? (Page # _____ )
(c) synchronize the movement of one object to the movement of another? (Page # _____ )