Alice Chapter 3 Lab 1
Exercises from Chapter 3
For each of the following exercises, create a storyboard on a separate sheet of paper and then
translate the storyboard to a program. Include at least one comment in your program.
- Complete Exercise 1: Robot to Lunar Lander.
- Complete Exercise 3: Hop
- Complete Exercise 4: Volleyball Jump
- Revise the Volleyball jump world. Use an If/Else statement to make the tallest person
jump up 1/2 of their height and the shorter person jump up 1/4 of their height.
Concept Questions (Short Answers)
- What action(s) does a function perform that a method does not? (Page # _____ )
- What type of value is returned by each of the following built-in functions?
(a) distance to (Page # _____ )
(b) is within threshold of (Page # _____ )
(c) is wider than (Page # _____ )
(d) width (Page # _____ )
- What are the four operations that can be used in a math expression in Alice?
(a) (Page # _____ )
(b) (Page # _____ )
(c) (Page # _____ )
(d) (Page # _____ )