Alice Chapter 3 Lab 2
Exercises from Chapter 3
For each of the following exercises, create a storyboard on a separate sheet of paper and then
translate the storyboard to a program. Include at least one comment in your program.
- Complete Exercise 5: SpiderRobot's Walk
- Complete Exercise 6: Blimp and Dragon
Concept Questions (Short Answers)
- What action(s) does a function perform that a method does not? (Page # _____ )
- List four different control structures used in creating a program in Alice.
(a) (Page # _____ )
(b) (Page # _____ )
(c) (Page # _____ )
(d) (Page # _____ )
- What type of function value is used to check a condition in an If/Else statement? (Page # _____ )
- Describe what happens in an If/Else statement when the instruction in the Else part is Do Nothing?
(Page # _____ )
- The following relational operation is available in the World's functions list:
(a) Give an example of what "a" and "b" can represent. (Page # _____ )
(b) What type of value is obtained when this operation is evaluated? (Page # _____ )
- What is the purpose of a Loop statement? (Page # _____ )