Robots: Learning to Program with Java
What is Robots?
- Its a textbook.
- Its software.
- Its a gentle way to teach object-oriented
programming that really is objects first.
- Its an implementation of Rich Pattis
Karel the Robot.
- It goes way beyond traditional implementations of
Karel by targeting the entire introductory programming course, not just
the first two weeks.
- Its not just robots! Other examples include
graphics, a credit card, a combination lock, graphing polynomials, input and
output for a game of Connect4, an on-line telephone book, recordkeeping for Big
Brothers/Big Sisters, and using classes from the Java library.
- New version of the library to fix a bug in
- New version of the library with various non-critical
- New version of the library to make reading cities from a file more
robust and enhance becker.util.Test.